UFC 293 takes place on Saturday night, and MMA News is here to bring you the official weigh-in results!
After visits to Singapore and France, the final leg on the mixed martial arts leader’s brief three-week global tour has taken the promotion Down Under to Australia, where a three-event deal with the New South Wales government will get underway with a pay-per-view from Sydney’s Qudos Bank Arena.
In the main event, UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya will compete in the city for the first time since his 2019 crowning. He’ll look to repeat the performance he put in on that occasion against Robert Whittaker, this time at the expense of first-time title challenger Sean Strickland.
Before that, a pair of hard-hitting heavyweights will set the stage, with Sydney’s own Tai Tuivasa look to blow the roof off the venue with a return to winning, shoey-drinking ways against perennial contender Alexander Volkov.
Elsewhere, rising flyweight Manel Kape, KO specialist Justin Tafa, and a further five City Kickboxing standouts will all be in action at UFC 293.
UFC 293: Adesanya vs. Strickland Weigh-In Results
UFC 293 takes place Saturday, September 9, at the Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The main card begins at 10 PM ET/7 PM PT, with the preliminary card starting at 6:30 PM ET/3:30 PM PT.
See above for a stream of the UFC 293 weigh-in show, and check out the full results below!
- Middleweight Championship Main Event: Israel Adesanya (184.8lbs) vs. Sean Strickland (184.9lbs)
Jared Cannonier successfully weighed in at 184.85lbs as the backup fighter
- Heavyweight Co-Main Event: Tai Tuivasa (265.6lbs) vs. Alexander Volkov (262.95lbs)
- Flyweight: Manel Kape (126lbs) vs. Felipe dos Santos (125.4lbs)
- Heavyweight: Justin Tafa (265.2lbs) vs. Austen Lane (244.3lbs)
- Light Heavyweight: Tyson Pedro (205.45lbs) vs. Anton Turkalj (205.35lbs)
- Light Heavyweight: Carlos Ulberg (204.7lbs) vs. Da Woon Jung (205.3lbs)
- Featherweight: Jack Jenkins (145.85lbs) vs. Chepe Mariscal (145.85lbs)
- Lightweight: Jamie Mullarkey (155.35lbs) vs. John Makdessi (155.1lbs)
- Lightweight: Nasrat Haqparast (155.85lbs) vs. Landon Quinones (155.75lbs)
Early Preliminary Card:
- Welterweight: “Blood Diamond” (170.25lbs) vs. Charlie Radtke (170.3lbs)
- Featherweight: Shane Young (149.75lbs)* vs. Gabriel Miranda (144.95lbs)
- Welterweight: Kevin Jousset (170.5lbs) vs. Kiefer Crosbie (170.85lbs)
*Shane Young missed the featherweight limit by 3.75lbs, fined 30 percent of purse.